Applying lipsticks can definitely accentuate your lips. However, you need to choose the right shade and brand that will suit you. Now, if you already have the right lipstick, the next challenge is making it stay longer without constantly re-applying. You want to look fresh the whole day, but you might not always have the opportunity to reapply lipstick after each meal or snack.
As a solution, most manufacturers have come up with lipstick products that are made to last longer than the regular products. However, if your favorite lipstick is not specially formulated to last long, here are some tips to help you.
* Exfoliate your lips. Your lips also have dead skin cells, and it is important for you to remove these before applying lipstick. This will result in a smoother finish, and will definitely make your lipstick last longer. To exfoliate, gently swab your lips using a sponge or a soft brush.
* Use powder. One of the best ways to make your lipstick stay longer is by applying a thin layer of loose powder on your lips before applying the lipstick. The powder helps prevent smudging and will keep your lipstick in place. Dab a bit of loose powder on a cotton swab or sponge and apply to your lips, including the lip line. You may remove excess powder using facial tissue.
* Use a lip liner. Using a lip liner will help in precisely outlining your lips. This is also a good way to make your lipstick last longer. The lip liner is usually made of material that is drier than lipstick, to prevent it from smudging. It is important to choose the right lip liner for your lipstick and make sure that it will blend well. If possible, use the same lip liner brand as your lipstick. Or, choose a skin-colored or nude colored lip liner so you can use it with any of your lipstick colors.
* Use tissue to remove excess lipstick. To remove the excess lip stick, get a tissue and place it in between your lips. Then, apply a second layer of lipstick. This layering will result in longer lasting lipstick, so you don't have to reapply often.
* Choose a good brand. A lot of brands are available and you need to choose a brand that provides a good quality of gloss and longevity. Although a good brand would cost more, in the long run, you can actually save because these will last longer, and you won't have to constantly reapply, as with cheaper brands.
* Store your lipstick properly. Storing your lipstick properly will help maintain its quality. You need to make sure that the temperature where you store it is regulated. Keep it away from direct sunlight, extreme temperatures and extreme humidity.
Wearing lipstick may not exactly be challenging. But reapplying every so often can be a hassle, especially if you're busy with work. Making your lipstick last longer may be a minor thing, but if it can help reduce your worries about how you look, then it's a good thing to try these simple tips.