- Pull down the menu Start, Run, and type gpedit.msc
- On some systems (XP home), this program is not installed in this case, download and install it. Open the file, then click on gpedInst.
- Click User Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, option Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- Right click on Remove Task Manager, then properties.
- By default, everything should not be configured. Select Disable or not configured, and OK
- Restart to save the new settings.
This trick is also disable other applications, such as System Restore, Control Panel, Add and remove programs, and many more!
Disabling the task manager - and other applications - can be the cause of a mistake, but often it is an infection (virus): For sure, scan your system!